Monday, January 30, 2012

from Walis-tambo to window decoration

Okay, so yesterday 29th of January, I took a walk in New Haga street here in the city of Gothenburg, Sweden and this window display caught my attention.



This caught my attention because in Philippines we use this to clean our yards and yesterday I saw it as a window decoration in a salon.

I remember nanay (mother) gave me the responsibility to keep the yard always clean and I'm proud to say I do it well and I still do it when I visit Philippines. 

Nanay has different uses of walis-tambo;
  • she use it for cleaning,
  • she use it for a threat, if me and brothers were doing something stupid, nanay will just show the walis-tambo and we know its time to stop whatever stupidity were doing or else.... you know what will happen...
  • and as far as I can remember nanay use walis-tambo as pamalo rather than for cleaning :)
Well, being hit with the whole walis-tambo is better than being hit with only one piece of it (isang ting-ting). Mas masakit kaya no!

... anyway this picture brings back the memories. I love you 'nay and thank you sa mga palo. See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Tack för det fina inlägget!
    Synbar är mälardalens ledande leverantör av reklam och dekor.Synbar levererar inte bara kvalitet utan är också flexibla, trevliga och snabba

    ReplyDelete